_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Mike Doughty

I went to see Mike Doughty last night (Friday) with John. Mike used to be the lead singer of Soul Coughing. You could definitely tell with your eyes closed that he was in Soul Coughing, and it's not just because his voice is distinctive. All told I think I still liked them together a bit more than his solo work (or rather his new band), but it was a really excellent concert. I bought his CD, but when I got home I realized that the woman had accidentally handed me an album by the opening band (Orinda Fink) instead. Sigh.

I'd recommend you try Looking at the World From the Bottom of a Well and 27 Jennifers.


Today our IPS flag football team won the Hopkins coed intramural tournament. There were a total of three teams, and the other two failed to show up. The Policy Tools were therefore victorious, and we get free t-shirts saying so. (We divided up and played in the rain anyway since we had gone through the trouble. I'm as bad at football as ever.)

No comments: