_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Monday, January 16, 2006

Heading back to Baltimore

My dad came home from the hospital on Saturday as planned by the insurance company. A lot of things that used to come easily (like using a computer mouse) are still a struggle for him, but he's making progress. After being in the hospital since before Thanksgiving, it's nice that he can eat meals at the table, etc.

An ice and wind storm last night left us without internet until late this evening. We really weren't sure what to do with ourselves without it. Another side-effect of the storm was that it took me a good 20 minutes of work to prepare my car before driving it.

Tomorrow I'm heading back to Baltimore. I don't mind the drive because it's as good an excuse as any to listen to music for 5 hours. I've got some very taking-care-of-business reasons to return: a doctor's appointment, some research assistant work (even though the full-time thing for next week fell through), and an IPS student government meeting (I was elected secretary of the IPS Student Association -- I was the only one who ran).

No comments: