_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Portland trip pictures

I posted a few crappy pictures of my trip to Portland and Washington state back at the end of August, but ReeD now has his very handsome pictures posted on his site. You can look at our walk in Ape Cave, a St. Helens-scoured landscape, the smoking crater, or just look at the whole collection.

Also, I'd like to note how much this picture seems like a scene from the computer game Myst.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with the Myst sentiment... I also found this one to be rather Myst-esque.

Makes me almost forget spending however long we spent driving around in the forest in the dark due to my ineptitude in determining the difference between the metric system and the british system. :)

Teague said...

That one is remarkably Myst-y. (The, er, mist helps.)

Come to think of it, I believe you said something about Myst while we were there, which is probably what set the idea in my head. In the picture I flagged, I think it was the style of the lighthouse and the deserted path with a cedar fencepost...

Anonymous said...

Agreed. And the fact that I 3D rendered the scene in Bryce3D. Er, no, wait, it was just a photo.