_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Friday, October 27, 2006

Tilly and the Wall


I saw Tilly and the Wall in DC on Wednesday night. Susie is from Omaha originally, and she knows a member of the band, so we got in free on the guest list, which was great.

They put on a very good show. Their music is relentlessly upbeat, with multiple vocalists, keyboards, and a tap dancer instead of drums. The crowd was into it, which always makes a show better. It was actually the second time I had seen them live; they had opened for Bright Eyes at the 400 Bar in Minneapolis. They're actually on Letterman tonight, if you want to check them out. I'm not sure Middle America is ready for a band with a tap dancing rhythm section, but I sure hope they are.

Also, the second opener at the show was really good, Love Is All. I bought their CD.

I'm off to see The Last King of Scotland.

No comments: