_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Saturday, October 21, 2006

TV on the Radio


I saw TV on the Radio last night at Sonar. Shane and Stephen (both significant others of classmates) went along, too, and we had a good time. The album is so spectacular -- and well-produced -- that I think Stephen was right when he said that they have trouble reproducing the full experience live. But the show was great nonetheless. I think the song that gained the most from the live performance was "Dirtywhirl," with its slow crescendo. Here's TVotR playing it at a show in Seattle, which gives you an idea:

I also particularly enjoyed hearing "Staring at the Sun" live.

I bought their first LP, Desperate Youth, Blood Thirsy Babes at the show. We went to Club Charles afterward for a while -- a satisfying evening.

No comments: