_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Finally, snow



We saw our first snow of the season today, which made me happy. I've been seriously jonesing for some snow. Not that it's really any meaningful amount of snow, less than an inch, but enough to put some flakes in the air and turn the ground white. I got excited enough to take some pictures and go for a short bike ride.

Judging by our weather this year, this may be all we see of winter. I bet the flowers that were popping out of the ground in our back yard when I got back from Peru were taken a bit off-guard.

Meanwhile, my class at Public Health started last week, and Homewood campus classes start this week. The next couple months will be hectic, while I finish my thesis, take classes, work and serve as the teaching assistant for the Policy Tools class. But after my thesis is over with, the second half of the semester should be pretty stress-free until graduation.

No comments: