_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Friday, January 26, 2007

Rage Against the Machine

In high school, right after I finished being a Billy Joel and Dave Matthews Band fan, I got into Rage Against the Machine. I know, I know. Though I was just listening to Bulls on Parade today, and it's still pretty good.

They broke up in 2000. Guess what? They're getting back together for a one-off gig at the Coachella festival in April. Rage is one of those bands that has loomed larger in retirement, it seems to me, and I think most people had written off the possibility that they would reunite. A lot of people are going to be very excited about this reunion (the article was the most-viewed story on the LA Times website yesterday). Though I admit that I sort of would like to go, 1) it's really expensive, and 2) the chances of being physically injured at that particular show are very high.

!!!'s Nick Offer had the same thought [halfway down the page] as me when he was told by an interviewer that RATM are getting back together.


On a completely different topic, this clip of Steven Colbert explaining the complicated corporate history of the AT&T name is brilliant and hilarious.

No comments: