_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Songs of the Moment (An occasional feature)

We had a Cinco de Mayo party last night, and it was good. I played "Mo Money Mo Problems" because I always ask DJs to play it, but they don't. (And no, the video doesn't make me any less embarrassed for liking it.)

> The Notorious B.I.G. - Mo Money Mo Problems [YouTube]
> The Pixies - Dig for Fire [YouTube]
> Cat Power - Willie [mp3]
> The Magnetic Fields - No One Will Ever Love You
> The Rapture - Whoo! Alright-Yeah... Uh Huh [mp3, though the hilarious video complements the vibe very well]
> Feist - Mushaboom [mp3, though the video is rather charming]
> Supersystem - Born Into the World [mp3]

If I can just get around to writing my last paper, this can be my song of the moment.

No comments: