_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Different house

While I was away for three weeks, all my housemates left -- Steve, Dana and Susie have now moved out, and Jason has taken off for a few weeks of vacation. So I got home to a house full of subletters I don't know; some of the furnishings were gone, too, so it really felt like someone had stolen my house while I was gone. But fortunately the subletters are cool, and we've been hanging out a bit.

We were watching episodes of The Wire this evening. I heard gunshots from the neighborhood south of us, and a few minutes later the police helicopter was circling, the searchlight flashing a couple times across the schoolyard on the other side of the alley from us...and I'm thinking, "Hey, who says our crappy little TV doesn't have surround sound?"

No comments: