_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Nested Eavesdropping

Having taken Friday off from work, I'm up in NYC for the weekend. This afternoon, I went to the Whitney and Guggenheim museums, which were both pretty cool. The Whitney Biennial is on right now, and there was some good stuff.

In the stairwell at the Whitney, I was half-intentionally eavesdropping on the conversation of the two women walking in front of me. I realized that one was telling the other about a conversation that she had eavesdropped on. "Ha!", I thought...how deliciously inane for me to be eavesdropping on a conversation about eavesdropping. But a moment later, it became clear that the conversation she had eavesdropped on was about something that person had overheard. My head exploded -- we were talking eavesdropping nested three deep here.

I later relayed this incident to Alex while we were walking down the street. I made sure to speak extra-loud.

1 comment:

lj said...

I read about this post on another blog, of someone you don't know...