_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Air Travel

Three observations/questions from my trip back from Dayton last evening:

1) Those golf cart things that move folks around the airport beep loudly whenever they're moving so that people know they're coming. I don't think I could drive one of those...if the main tool I used to do my job emitted a constant beeping, it would drive me crazy. (However, I did witness one of them receiving a $20 tip...he promptly beep beep beeped his way over to his cart colleague to show him.)

2) We flew on one of those tiny planes with only three seats in each row, two on one side and one on the other. The magical single seats are simultaneously aisle and window -- I wonder how they're designated in the computer system.

3) For a minute or so we were flying just above a solid layer of cloud cover. It gave a better sense of how fast we were moving than you usually get, but I realized that I had little idea of the scale of all the features of the clouds, so it's still not that accurate an impression of speed.

No comments: