_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Omnibus update

Hey there, long time no blog.

I haven't posted for over a month -- been quite busy -- so permit me to recap a few things, proceeding in descending order of importance:

- Alex, Doug and I have set a date for Doughnut Quest, at the end of August, about a year after we had originally planned to have it. I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Expect an extensive blog post recap.
- I'm in the final stages of plotting a trip in late July/early August that will take me to Alaska, Seattle, and Minneapolis, with some nice multi-modal transportation in between.
- I got my first real camera, which I'm very excited about. More on that in a subsequent post.
- My gardening efforts are now bearing frui...er, vegetables. I sauteed my first zucchini yesterday, and I've had salad greens for almost a month. (I highly recommend growing mixed greens in a window box. It keeps them off the ground, where they can get overtaken by other plants or eaten, and keeps them close at hand to snip a few the moment you want a salad.) The bunches of big, fat green tomatoes on my dozen-plus plants indicate that there will be plenty of those in a couple weeks, all heirloom varieties.

No comments: