_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sculpture

I'm off to NYC for the weekend (for Doughnut Quest 2010), and haven't managed to get my vacation pictures uploaded yet. But in the meantime, here's something from a couple months ago:


My uncle Dick has been making metal sculpture professionally for many years, and I asked him a while back if he could make a sculpture for me. I had something simple in mind, and he suggested that I visit and help him make it (or at least watch him make it). While I was in Connecticut in June, I spent an afternoon at his backyard studio in New Haven. It was pretty cool -- I did some bending of metal, but Dick did all the welding, and a finished product emerged after a few hours of sparks flying. Check out a few pictures over at Flickr.

No comments: