_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Sunday, August 07, 2011

NYC

I went to New York to visit Alex and Alissa once more before they move to Chicago at the end of the month. It was quite nice, as usual.


Getting drinks at sunset on the roof of the Metropolitan Museum of Art is highly recommended on evenings when the weather is nice -- a very dramatic place to watch the sunset.

As always, I went to Doughnut Plant (coconut cream and blueberry cake). But one food highlight that I ought to mention is the Mile End Delicatessen, a tiny place in Boerum Hill, Brooklyn where we went for dinner. It was hands-down the best pastrami sandwich I've ever had, and is in the running for best sandwich of the year.

I put a few photos up on Flickr.

No comments: